Guys who are incapable of understanding fashion itself often fear men who look after themselves in terms of fashion. Fashion is more than just clothes or what you use in your hair. It is an expression of ones inner self, similar to art in many aspects. One is conveying a message, making a point, or simply wants to look their best.
The majority of humans communicate through body language not actual words. Thus fashion that involves the five senses seamlessly is the most effect way to project yourself in any setting.
- is a modern, usually single man in touch with himself and his feminine side
- grooms and buffs his head and body, which he drapes in fashionable clothing both at school, work or before hitting an evening hotspot
- has tendency to stay up to date with the latest hairstyles, the newest threads, and the right shaped shoes
- confuses some guys when it comes to his sexuality
- makes these same guys jealous of his success with the ladies
Some Interests :
- Appreciation for literature, cinema, or other arts
- Flair for cooking
- Eye for interior design
Now that we have defined metrosexual and fashion itself we can move on to the mind set of those who mock. They can be both female/male but are usually male and angry. Yes angry. Angry with themselves, jobs, friends, who knows, who cares.
Insecurity usually is a strong cause as well. As being metro means you are comfortable with your feminine side, wearing pink or checking in the mirror ever so often does not make you less of a male. True confidence causes extreme fear in those who are mentally weak.
What to do if you are Metro?
Well keep marching on, use that true confidence that the majority of the world lacks. Men do not need to wear the latest Prada shoe to prove confidence to anyone, but when a guy sees that and begins to mock, well that guy has issues due to incompetence or insecurities.