Oh no poor Apple got ripped off by some random Indians with a ghetto version of iPad…
Oh no the entire world was getting ripped off by Apple and some Indians came to the rescue.
Lets start this rant….
Its founders are six IITans and an MBA grad. With an average age of 24, they believe India has what it takes to compete with the most innovative tech companies in the world. “We knew that Indian engineers and designers were doing most of the innovative work at Microsoft, Intel, and Apple. We just needed to take the first step,” says co-founder Rohan Shravan. “Current PC technology is like a Hummer on a city road,” quips Rohit Rathi, the youngest of the group at 23.
Apple iPad vs Indian iPad “Adam”
- The Indian iPad has “only” TWICE the battery life
- The Indian iPad “only” has TWICE the processor performance
- The Indian iPad DOES play full HD videos
- The Indian iPad DOES have flash for the web browser
- The Indian iPad screen can be read in DIRECT sunlight
- The Indian iPad will be CHEAPER… no price confirmed but judging by the production process expect it to be MUCH less.
Now it is up to their marketing scheme, with a $1 million app store competition. Things are looking good for all of us.
India has a middle class of about 200 million people. The “Adam” will probably hit stores in 1 or 2 years maximum. Apple does have time to improve its already out of date iPad but it can’t compete on price as the Adam is coming to North American markets
ps the Indian iPad has a camera ..shhhhh